Sat, Jun 17|
Lopez Canyon Shooting Range - Bay 5
Students will learn to move shooting to the subconscious by exploiting body mechanics in order to maximize speed and accuracy with a handgun.
Time & Location
Jun 17, 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM PDT
Lopez Canyon Shooting Range - Bay 5, 15140 Bailey Rd, Sylmar, CA 91342, USA
About the event
A like-minded group of students will come together to explore techniques to maximize speed and accuracy with a handgun through using proper body mechanics. This increased proficiency will allow for reallocation of mental bandwidth to be used for problem solving in self-defense, competition, and tactical scenarios.
THIS IS NOT A BEGINNERS COURSE. Students who have never taken a formal handgun class are recommended to attend our Beginner Handgun course.
- Techniques to Speed up Sight Picture Acquisition (RDS or Iron sights)
- Development of Pistol Draw (OWB or concealed)
- Efficient Reloads (Speed/Tactical)
- Target Transitions
- Movment With A Pistol
- Shooting On The Move
- Serviceable Handgun
- Quality Holster (No SERPA, Nylon, Collapsible Leather, or Trigger Guard Holsters)
- 300 to 500 rounds of ammunition
- 3 magazines (minimum)
- Proper range attire (Brimmed hat, high/crew neck shirts, & closed toe shoes required; No v-neck or low cut shirts)
- Eye & Ear Protection (Electronic hearing protection recommended)
- Hydration (Extra water and electrolytes on hot days)
- Snacks and/or lunch for full days